Thursday, March 24, 2011

Going Going. Back Back.

Dear 27,
Another trip to California, but not without a quick stop in Phoenix. We had a beautiful event at the most lovely Phoenician and I got to see my three waaaaay cool cousins for a perfect O'Connor lunch. San Diego greeted me with a bunch of rain, but I managed to be out and about working and enjoying the city. I found the Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery not to far away and sat for a very quiet lunch overlooking the Pacific Ocean (this was on the non-rainy day).

Phil and Skyla yet again took me to an awesome SD restaurant-- The Starlite. The Starlite is a tiny spot with fresh, veggie filled entrees and a bar to gawk at. Our bartender, Josh, of course had a high school buddy who went to Drake. Skyla has started her own list of to-dos in a year. I think she's making better progress than I am! They also gave me a few terrific dining recommendations, including C Level (the views below are dusk and nightfall views from there). I never had to dine alone in SD thanks to some great friends and fellow travelers.
I did get to do lots of work while I was out West, including cashing in on my winnings from the Pearl's photo contest. The Pearl People were oh-so-kind and our DU crowd really enjoyed themselves.
Before leaving town, I did manage to explore the beautiful Balboa Park and spend a little time in the San Diego Art Museum. Balboa Park is a place I cannot wait to get back to...maybe I'll take a vacation out West someday soon.
xo-LP

No comments:

Post a Comment