Friday, May 6, 2011

With only 17 days to go, it's time to be realistic.

Dear 27,
It's almost here. 2-8 is looming. And there is still so much to do. Relays came and went, but not without a super fun out of town visitor, behind the scenes race day tours and blue wall photo shoots.
Car buying, reading more books than there are days left before the birthday and even art class taking (sad) probably are unattainable at this point, but I am formulating a plan to cross off as many of the remaining items as possible. (So this plan isn't exactly written out, nor is it on my calendar, but it'll happen.) I'm so happy to have so many blog-list-encouragers out there. Next week (barring any bigtime loss of courage) I have an appointment to GIVE BLOOD. I'm nervous already, but after all this, I can handle it. Plus Chelsea will be there both for moral support and blog photo purposes.
Last night was not only an unexpectedly wild 5DM (patent pending phrase from the Tom Perry), but an awesome show opened at the DMAC. Be sure, if you're a DSM local, to get over and check it out. I also got to meet the soft-handed artist, James Gobel. His work is texturally brilliant. (How arty) And while it may be cheating the list, I'm counting my awesome evening at the Des Moines Art Center as a visit to a museum. (Go ahead and judge me.)
I must say this first week of May has been full of delights and surprises, including an unexpected thoughtful piece of fragile mail. How wonderfully mysterious. So much to look forward to in the coming weeks, I do believe this month will be the perfect 2-7 finale.
xo-LP

No comments:

Post a Comment