Monday, May 30, 2011

Dressing the part.

Dear 28,
I'm already crossing bits off the list. (And have already found several things that should/could/probably will be added). I'm so happy to see the silly little list become part of the lives of the people I spend time with. It's a collective effort- not just mine anymore. I love it.
Chelsea and I stopped by the Art Center for the unveiling of this year's Des Moines Arts Festival commemorative poster, which features the super talented (and modest) Michael Kuseske. I'm not sure how my name got on the invite list, but it was one of those nights where I was reminded how special this city is, how beautiful the Art Center is and how cool my friends are. 

My dear friend Laura got married this weekend at a wedding that felt so personal and original. The kind of wedding where you felt so lucky to witness the way these two people love each other. We rode a boat down the mighty Mississippi, I wore a bolo tie and we got to hear Joey sing to his bride. (Yes, like in the most perfect movie wedding moment.)
My birthday continued in Muscatine with a Denny Palmer rice krispie treat.
Finally, I keep watching this over and over. I'm sure you've seen it, but JR + Art + TED continues to inspire me. It makes me want to send postcards to everyone with a mailbox or at least everyone in my address book. I should get back to drawing, and sending thank you notes, and enjoying a perfect Monday.
xo-LP

No comments:

Post a Comment