It's time to be ambitious again. According to some fancy horoscope Liz sent me, my November is going to be packed to the gunwalls (brought that back too) with yeses. Last year I blogged a whole bunch more. Yes. I know this. So I've decided to do the midyear list of 28.
Yesvember makes a comeback. Some of the items not completed from last year made this year's list, and I've included some exciting and terribly mundane bits I'm hoping to complete in 11/2011 as well.
28 challenges. 31 days. One month of Yes (and a wee bit of stress) because I can't keep saying no to the blog.
1. Try a new bourbon.
2. Make a pie for Thanksgiving.
3. See the Hawkeyes play live. (It's #13.)
4. Stir up something out of the "Cook with Jamie" book you couldn't live without.
5. Peek inside the Basilica of St. John.
6. Renew my passport.
7. Create a line of XO-LP Holiday cards.
8. Eat at Cafe di Scala.
9. Decorate the Stoop for Christmas.
10. Build a human pyramid.
11. Read a book. (This just can't seem to happen)
12. Go to the Des Moines Symphony.
13. Master the art of winter layers. And fearlessly wear tights.
14. Cheer on the Bulldogs at a basketball game.
15. See a play.
16. See Des Moines' Bass Pro Shop. (If it's cool in Springfield...)
17. Walk across that Center Street Bridge.
18. Take more photobooth photos.
19. Celebrate the onset of the holidays (and sell a bunch of cards) at the East Village Holiday Promenade.
20. Walk through that Woodland Cemetery.
21. Coq au Vin.
22. Go to a movie.
23. Take a yoga class. Maybe more than once.
24. Go see the ArtVend machine up in Ames.
25. Play cards.
26. Perform with Our Kelly.
27. Light the sparklers. Even thought they are out of season.
28. Retry baking a cake.
Sounds like a lot. So who's with me?